Lighting, Heating and Air Conditioning account for up to 70% of energy usage in most commercial buildings. Where Your Energy Goes?
THE FACTS ABOUT ENERGY CONSUMPTION FOR COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS
WHY ENERGY EFFICIENCY?
- Four Key Reasons Energy Efficiency Programs bring value to businesses:
- Reducing near and long-term operational costs for businesses
- Taking advantage of utility and government incentives to offset project costs
- Making sure energy is there when you need it
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
WHY LED LIGHTS?
Payback and Efficiency
- LED consumes up to 85% less energy than incandescent lights Lighting offers faster paybacks than virtually any other facility savings opportunity (typically less than 3 years.
- Consumes up to 65% less energy than fluorescent,Lower heat produced = lower cooling cost Most lamps rated for minimum 50,000 hours to 70% lumen maintenance.
- A typical application will see 10+ years before needing replacement In most cases, LEDs pay for themselves in less than 2 years Return on Investment can easily be 12 or 15 times the cost of the product One of very few green products that actually produce cost savings!
- Safer – cooler operation means less (or NO) fire hazard, almost all components are 100% recyclable.
- Lighting Quality-High quality lighting improves facility safety, attention, and increases occupant satisfaction.
- Color Rendering and Quality better than Fluorescent or CFL.
- Does not produce harmful U/V or fade merchandise.
- Energy efficient lighting retrofits can increase the valuation of your property for higher rental payments and resale – asset value increases approximately ten fold for every dollar saved.